• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do I do if my DNS server is unavailable?
What do I do if my DNS server is unavailable?
I'm assuming you mean the DNS server of your website when you update your name servers?

If so make sure your name servers are entered correctly and if you're using custom name servers it a bit more complicated but not too complicated.

Make sure you set all the records correctly and the IP address of your web server and make sure you have the domain name setup in the server you're pointing too.

If the problem is with your computer then try flushing your DNS by going to command prompt and typing in Ipconfig/flushdns which will flush the DNS cache.
AnswerPail.com
Questions & Answer Website Ask or answer questions on any topic.

Webmasterbabble.com Blog
Webmasterbabbles webmaster Blog About How To Make Money Web Hosting and Much more.

Always use 2 name servers in different subnets so if one is unavailable then other can serve.
(02-13-2019, 11:41 AM)Carnifex Wrote: What do I do if my DNS server is unavailable?

Here, you have to check the whole scenario.
  1. First you have to check the nameservers of you domain are pointing to your server or not. 
  2. Then, check whether that server IP is accessible at your network or not. You can use PING to check it. If it not accessible at your end then you must check whether it is not accessible for you or every one else. You can check it through any Ping Website.
    If it not accessible at any end then you should contact your server admin. If it is not accessible for you only then you should check for your Internet IP block on server Firewall. OR you can restart your modem or router so that your Internet IP get changed.
  3. Now, if all are fine till now then you should check for the DNS record visibility. Look for them are the UP or not.
  4. If the DNS records are not coming for your website then there may be two possibilities. Either DNS server is not working or DNS records for your desired domain are not present on the server.
    You can ask your server admin to check the same.
Arrangement 4 – Flush the DNS

Go to your Start Screen.

From that point press Windows key + R.

On the Run box that will be shown type cmd.exe and click on OK.

At that point, on the cmd window enter the accompanying directions (type enter after every one): "ipconfig/flushdns"; "ipconfig/discharge"; "ipconfig/recharge"; "exit".
Go to your Start Screen.
From there press Windows key + R.
On the Run box that will be displayed type cmd.exe and click on OK.
Then, on the cmd window enter the following commands (type enter after each one): “ipconfig /flushdns”; “ipconfig /release”; “ipconfig /renew”; “exit”.
Go to your Start Screen.
From there press Windows key + R.
On the Run box that will be displayed type cmd.exe and click on OK.
Then, on the cmd window enter the following commands (type enter after each one): “ipconfig /flushdns”; “ipconfig /release”; “ipconfig /renew”; “exit”.
Reset your Router.
Remove additional security programs.
Run your Windows 8 / Windows 8.1 Network Troubleshooter.
Flush the DNS.
Reset TCP/IP using netsh command.
Enter the IP address manually.
Make sure that DNS is automatically obtained.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  High Quality Dedicated Server With Ipmi For Sale At Good Price. justinnguyen 3 622 06-01-2019, 12:06 AM
Last Post: johnhardley
  What is an easy way to find how many domains are hosted on a server? Forney 3 531 02-23-2018, 10:51 AM
Last Post: isoorypro
  Godaddy making domain unavailable for registration at other registrars? Jonaq2 6 3,939 04-13-2017, 06:35 AM
Last Post: bidaddy
  Domain Name, Web Hosting, Dedicated Server At Realhosters.com justinnguyen 0 500 09-14-2016, 10:34 PM
Last Post: justinnguyen

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon